The City Attorney has the statutory
responsibility for "all the legal business
in which the City is interested." This
includes rendering advice about City matters
to the City Council and City staff; handling
litigation; drafting and approving the form
of ordinances, resolutions, and other
documents; and handling all other legal
matters affecting the City.
The duties of the City Attorney's office are to:
- Provide accurate and complete legal advice
on matters affecting the City.
- Respond to public inquiries relating to City
laws and ordinances.
- Provide legal defense to the City, its
officers, and employees.
- Diligently prosecute violations of City
- Draft or approve the form of all ordinances,
resolutions, and other legal documents.
- Perform all other legal services required by
65 Park Avenue
LeCenter, MN 56057
Hours: 8:00am -4:30pm Mon-Fri